Mold Inspection & Air Quality Testing
in Laurentians, Quebec
Services We Offer
How Can Air Labs Help You?
Our highly qualified specialists can quickly and accurately work out what's affecting your air quality. We help you by diagnosing the problem facing your property so that you can remedy the problem as quickly as possible.
What Does Air Labs Do?
Our testing covers a broad spectrum of issues so that property owners in the Laurentians feel as if their homes have been thoroughly inspected.
Got Mold in Your Home?
Why Laurentians Homeowners Call Air Labs?
At Air-Labs, we know how important air quality is to the people living in the Laurentians. It is one of the great benefits of living here, so why shouldn't you expect the same level of fresh air in your own home?
That's why Laurentian homeowners trust us to assess and inspect their homes. Air-Labs has proudly served the Southern Quebec area from our Montreal base for years. We offer a full range of services so that we can provide you with a thorough and reliable assessment.
Nobody wants to find mold on their property. It occurs as the result of stagnant moisture that rots a material, often in dark areas of your house. It's likely that there's mold in out of sight areas, such as the back of cupboards.
We use some of the following tests to see if you have mold:
We don't provide mold remediation services because we want you to trust our honest and impartial inspections. There's no incentive for us if we find a lot of mold on your property - we tell you what you're dealing with and how to move forward.
Asbestos Testing Service
Asbestos was commonly used in construction during the 1980s, although it is now recognized for its serious negative health implications. You will want to test for it before buying a house or doing any construction work in your home.
Air Quality Testing
We evaluate the home and office settings as well as industrial settings. Our investigations can detect:
Radon is a radioactive gas that arises from the breakdown of uranium in the soil, rocks, and water, potentially contaminating the air you breathe. It has no odor, taste, or color. That's why radon testing is so important.
We offer long-term and short-term tests to find out if you've been exposed to radon.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is in the client’s best interest to have a professional indoor air quality professional assess and make recommendations prior to a remediation project. This allows for a “before and “after” inspection that can properly document if an abatement project was successful or not. As well, as a third party Air-Labs can impartially make recommendations without risk of any conflict of interest.
Humidity in contact with a decomposable that doesn’t dry efficiently is the source of all mould. This includes issues created condensation, water damage or relative humidity. Usually, mold growth is propelled by a lack of ventilation, which is why often mould is a hidden problem.
We begin with a telephone interview to understand the context and reason for the visit. On the inspection day, we will then walk through the area of concern with the client to assess the environment. Once the inspection begins our most commonly employed techniques include the following
- Infra red camera / thermal imaging: This technology allows us to detail unusual changes in surface temperatures to assess for leaks or condensation problems.
- Humidity meter: This instrument allows us to asses the moisture level at a depth beyond the surface. So if humidity is gathering behind said surface we can detect it and provide that percentage in the written report.
- Air compressor: Otherwise known as an air pump this allows us to sample the air with accuracy. The pump is carefully calibrated at the beginning of each inspection to offer our clients the most reliable results possible.
- Camera/Flashlight: To document our findings
- We will also employ instruments to gather data related to relative humidity, temperature, dew point, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide.
Air-Labs will guide you towards the air quality inspection YOU need. Everyone’s circumstance is different and the accuracy of our testing ultimately means we need to test for the proper contaminant. As well, our inspections will include a holistic approach taking the entire building envelope into consideration always with solutions as our prime objective.
Efflorescence on your wall indicates a transfer of humidity from outside the foundation.
- Respiratory symptoms that persist longer than two weeks.
- When the structure has incurred water damage from flooding, leaking, infiltration or condensation
- Before purchasing or renting a property
- Unusual odors inside
- Settling a legal dispute.
- Breaking a lease
- To lift company morale/productivity
What Our Clients Are Saying Online
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to find out more about our services and how we can help your Laurentian home.