Mold Inspection & Air Quality Testing
in Laval, Quebec
Services We Offer
Take Care of Your Health with Our Air Quality Testing Services
Air Labs tests and report on a variety of air quality matters that can severely affect your family's health. If you believe you need quality air testing, check out our services below to see how we can help.
Got Mold in Your Home?
Why Laval Homeowners Call Air Labs?
With over 15 years of caring for the safety of the Laval community near Montreal in Quebec, Canada, Air Labs has become the trusted solution for air quality testing and inspection in the area. We are dedicated to making sure every Laval family has quality air to breathe in the home.
Moisture seeps into your home and decomposes organic materials, which causes mold. It is normal when present outside, but it is dangerous when present inside for many reasons. People with weak immune systems, the elderly, and children are the most significant risk when it comes to mold's side effects.
You could have mold if you notice:
Our mold inspection services include:
While we offer comprehensive testing, we do not perform mold remediation because we always strive to provide you with unbiased results about how much mold you're dealing with.
Radioactive radon gas is a severe problem in homes around North America. Uranium breaks down in water, soil, and rock. Then, it moves up through cracks in the foundations of homes from the ground. As a result, it will taint the air quality in your home.
Radon testing is necessary because:
Our radon testing services include short term exposure (48-72 hours), long term (3-12 months), or a combo offer.
Asbestos Testing Service
Asbestos is hazardous, so it is crucial to have an inspection before buying or renovating older buildings. Asbestosis is a well-known, permanent condition whereby asbestos fibers attach to the inside of the lungs. Close contact with and inhalation of asbestos fibers causes asbestosis.
Air Labs' asbestos testing service includes:
Frequently Asked Questions
Our moisture meters can detect if there is humidity inside the wall to help detect the source of the mold.
- A history of water damage inside the building or home
- Musty or “old” odor is present
- Respiratory/health symptoms persisting longer than two weeks
- Before purchasing home to protect your investment.
- After a renovation due to water damage, humidity or flooding: test your environment to ensure a job well done.
- If you suspect a problem in your domicile.
Before buying or selling a property.
When there has been water damage.
When you notice a musty, old, or damp odor.
If you notice chronic symptoms when present in the indoor environment.
We begin with a telephone interview to understand the context and reason for the visit. On the inspection day, we will then walk through the area of concern with the client to assess the environment. Once the inspection begins our most commonly employed techniques include the following
- Infra red camera / thermal imaging: This technology allows us to detail unusual changes in surface temperatures to assess for leaks or condensation problems.
- Humidity meter: This instrument allows us to asses the moisture level at a depth beyond the surface. So if humidity is gathering behind said surface we can detect it and provide that percentage in the written report.
- Air compressor: Otherwise known as an air pump this allows us to sample the air with accuracy. The pump is carefully calibrated at the beginning of each inspection to offer our clients the most reliable results possible.
- Camera/Flashlight: To document our findings
- We will also employ instruments to gather data related to relative humidity, temperature, dew point, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide.
Air-Labs will help guide you towards the service and advice best suited to your specific needs. Indoor air quality can be affected by many types of contaminants. Indoor air can be impacted by mold, radon, asbestos, VOCs (chemicals), particulates, bacteria, viruses, allergens, and even outdoor pollution.
Efflorescence on your wall indicates a transfer of humidity from outside the foundation.
- Respiratory symptoms that persist longer than two weeks.
- When the structure has incurred water damage from flooding, leaking, infiltration or condensation
- Before purchasing or renting a property
- Unusual odors inside
- Settling a legal dispute.
- Breaking a lease
- To lift company morale/productivity
What Our Clients Are Saying Online
Contact Us Today
With the moist conditions in Laval that can cause several air quality and health concerns, be sure to protect your family by testing your buildings. Air Labs can also assist with testing for other contaminants. We're happy to visit your property and conduct a thorough inspection.
Contact us today to get set up with air testing services you need to keep your family safe!