Mold Inspection & Air Quality Testing
in Saint-Jérome, Quebec
Services We Offer
Your Health and Legal Safety Are Important to Us
Saint-Jérome attracts people from all over for its festivals and graceful local attractions, such as the Vieux-Palais. The families and older populations that call Saint-Jérome are most at risk when it comes to poor air quality. However, anyone exposed may develop severe respiratory issues and chronic fatigue.
Our testing also allows you to provide your landlord with proof of unsafe living conditions.
Got Mold in Your Home?
Why Saint-Jérome Homeowners Call Air Labs?
If you are a resident in Saint-Jérome, Quebec, you can trust our team at Air Labs to take care of pressing issues in your home. All of our staff have the training and expertise to inspect your home and gather the evidence we need for accurate testing.
We are here to give you and other residents the knowledge you deserve about your living conditions.
What Do We Offer?
At Air Labs, we understand that not every home in Saint-Jérome is the same. Each homeowner experiences unique issues with their property, depending on where they live. That is why we offer several types of testing, including:
Saint-Jérome, like many cities in Quebec, experiences long and snowy winters. The moisture accumulates from excessive snow has causes mold for many homes in the area.
At Air Labs, we offer excellent mold inspection for those in Saint-Jérome. With our company, we only provide testing, no remediation services. That's another reason why you can trust us. We will give an honest, unbiased report on the status of your home.
Asbestos Testing Service
At Air Labs, we offer asbestos testing throughout your home. We take air samples, and we study vermiculite and piping insulation. We also analyze the walls, ceilings, and floors of your home.
The sooner you know about dangerous asbestos in your home, the faster you can act.
Air Quality Testing
Saint-Jérome residents deserve to know how clean the air they're breathing is. That is why Air Labs is here to help with our air quality testing services. Our experts can detect the smallest pollutants and determine the source of low-quality air.
Because of Saint-Jérome's location in the northern regions of North America, your home may be susceptible to radon gas.
?Radon is a radioactive gas that can cause severe damage to your health. It is almost impossible to detect with the human senses, which makes professional testing that much more critical.
We're happy to test your home for this dangerous chemical to keep you and your family safe all year long.
Frequently Asked Questions
Efflorescence on your wall indicates a transfer of humidity from outside the foundation.
- Respiratory symptoms that persist longer than two weeks.
- When the structure has incurred water damage from flooding, leaking, infiltration or condensation
- Before purchasing or renting a property
- Unusual odors inside
- Settling a legal dispute.
- Breaking a lease
- To lift company morale/productivity
Air-Labs will help guide you towards the service and advice best suited to your specific needs. Indoor air quality can be affected by many types of contaminants. Indoor air can be impacted by mold, radon, asbestos, VOCs (chemicals), particulates, bacteria, viruses, allergens, and even outdoor pollution.
Our moisture meters can detect if there is humidity inside the wall to help detect the source of the mold.
- A history of water damage inside the building or home
- Musty or “old” odor is present
- Respiratory/health symptoms persisting longer than two weeks
- Before purchasing home to protect your investment.
- After a renovation due to water damage, humidity or flooding: test your environment to ensure a job well done.
- If you suspect a problem in your domicile.
We begin with a telephone interview to understand the context and reason for the visit. On the inspection day, we will then walk through the area of concern with the client to assess the environment. Once the inspection begins our most commonly employed techniques include the following
- Infra red camera / thermal imaging: This technology allows us to detail unusual changes in surface temperatures to assess for leaks or condensation problems.
- Humidity meter: This instrument allows us to asses the moisture level at a depth beyond the surface. So if humidity is gathering behind said surface we can detect it and provide that percentage in the written report.
- Air compressor: Otherwise known as an air pump this allows us to sample the air with accuracy. The pump is carefully calibrated at the beginning of each inspection to offer our clients the most reliable results possible.
- Camera/Flashlight: To document our findings
- We will also employ instruments to gather data related to relative humidity, temperature, dew point, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide.
Humidity in contact with a decomposable that doesn’t dry efficiently is the source of all mould. This includes issues created condensation, water damage or relative humidity. Usually, mold growth is propelled by a lack of ventilation, which is why often mould is a hidden problem.
What Our Clients Are Saying Online
Contact Us Today
Contact us today to get started. We are happy to visit your home and offer you a free quote for any of the services we offer.